Thursday 6 November 2014

Surprise, surprise!

Sup pals.

I'd like to tell you I haven't written anything in a while because I've been super busy...
I've been busy...
Staying in bed until 5pm.

Although, recently I did take the 3 and a half hour train journey back to Nottingham to surprise my mum. Everybody knew I was coming back, including: my dad, my brother, my hairdresser, my beautician and my boss; it was so satisfying to see the look of genuine surprise on her face - nobody let it slip.

Firstly, I was greeted by a fall down the slope at the train station as a nice 'welcome home' present. Picture a girl carrying bags and bags falling onto her knees at the bottom of a slope. Yep. Cheers to the guy in front of me who helped me up, and in a panic I said 'sorry' to. And cheers to the girls behind me that laughed at me - I would have done the same.

Then I got in a taxi back to my house. My mum's boyfriend, who also knew I was coming home, met me at the front of my house to slip me the front door keys, then in I went.

The first, well, 'being' I encountered was the dog. Being her usual vicious guard-dog self, she stared at me. That's all she did. Didn't get up or even wag her tail. Pretending she hates me as usual. Bitch.

I then made my way to the kitchen where I could hear my mum speaking to her boyfriend. So I just stood in the doorway and said 'hi'.

My mum gasped as she turned around, probably expecting to see a burglar, and like the dog - stared at me. She was silent for about a minute, Looking from me to her boyfriend in I guess disbelief; she didn't think she'd see me until Christmas.

Eventually she hugged me and then later told me she thought her mind was playing tricks on her - like she was dreaming. 









I would encourage everyone to plan a surprise for somebody. Seeing that you made someone so happy, even if it's just for a moment, is one of the best feelings.
TTFN
x

2 comments:

  1. It was the best surprise ever! Just wish i'd put different pj.s on that night!

    ReplyDelete