Tuesday 18 November 2014

Made Under

        'iya
Recently I've come across a lot of videos, blogs and even adverts for fundraisers about wearing (or not wearing) makeup. Here's my take...

Being an all or nothing kinda girl, I either leave the house without a scrap of makeup on, or a full face of slap. There's none of this 'I'll just put a bit of concealer on and some mascara' malarkey.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE makeup; I could happily spend hours painting my face, and there's nothing wrong with that. Nobody should tell anybody that they wear too much makeup too often, or tell people to wear makeup more. Do whatever, and for the right reasons.

The wrong reasons for females pretty much consists of 'feeling the need' to wear makeup, rather than because it's something that they want to do. Wearing makeup should not be something we feel like we have to do before we step out of the door. 

This, lets call it a 'fear', probably focuses on other people's opinions, judgments and reactions. I bet a lot of females are convinced that if they step out the house without makeup on they will be noticed, individuals may bring it up in conversation and will therefore feel like they need to apologise for the fact that they have their natural face on show. 

It's not very often that I leave the house with any makeup on my face, and it's because of this that I receive the opposite reaction. Now people notice when I do wear makeup, rather than when I don't. For example, I've worked at a gym in Canterbury town centre for around 7 weeks now, and have only worn makeup on 1 of my shifts. I don't wear makeup in the week because I see no point in wasting my makeup on work or uni. So on this particular day I walked into work with a full face of makeup on, to be greeted by my boss with: You actually made an effort today?!
Although he was obviously joking, it made me think. Think about the fact that some individuals consider makeup as part of a uniform now, or as an important aspect of looking 'smart' or 'presentable'. That is not the way that natural faces should be considered and I think that needs to change.

If you want to wear less makeup or wear makeup less often, then do not be afraid to do so.





 

 
Thought I'd finish by sharing a load of photos of my bare face. And I'm not sorry for not wearing makeup.
Please share any of your opinions in the comments, I'd love to read them.
 
Ciao kids
x
 


2 comments:

  1. I love your take on not wearing makeup. I think its so refreshing to hear somebody's opinion like mine. I would love it if you gave my blog a look at.missjackieblabla.blogspot.com/?m=1
    Xoxo, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. Sometimes it's seen as the norm to wear makeup and not wearing it can make you feel really judged. We should be proud of us and wear it as and when we want x

    ReplyDelete