Sunday 8 March 2015

Bear With Me

You may have noticed there has been an extreme lack of blog postage in the past two months (it's more probable that you haven't realised or don't care) - but here's my excuse:


In a previous post I mentioned that I hadn't been sleeping well, which I put down to a mental disorder. I'd love to tell you that this isn't an issue any longer but it is quite the opposite - lying in bed with the annoyance of pounding and aching in your forehead and cheeks is far from the relaxing state of sleep.

This has been ongoing and pretty much continuous for two months now, so one day I decided enough was enough. After calling 111, I was told that I needed to see a doctor within 24 hours or sooner. Five hours later I received a call to tell me I had an appointment at the hospital at 10:30pm. 

As if a further hour in the hospital waiting room wasn't frustrating enough, the supposed 'doctor' informed me she wasn't a doctor at all, and wasn't allowed to diagnose anything. My blood pressure and temperature were checked, along with her prodding at my face to check my sinuses.
"Does this feel uncomfortable at all?"
Obviously. You're poking me in the face.

So all this lady told me to do was to book an appointment with my GP on Monday.
Mate, did I really need to come to the hospital at 10:30pm for you to tell me to phone my doctor?
I was told that I need to see a doctor within 24 hours, so I get an appointment with someone who isn't a doctor?
Good one.
All-in-all that was a massive waste of my time, except non-doctor-lady suspected that I have chronic sinusitis and will probably have to have a CT scan on my head.
Woo.

For now blog posts wont be as frequent as usual (not that they were anyway), as my days currently consist of me lying in a dark room wanting to rip my face off. 

Hope you're all well anyway!
Cya 
xxx 


3 comments:

  1. I think I have exactly the same thing as you, so thank you for making clear what I might have. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find out the issue and everything gets resolved soon! Take care of yourself and keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete